Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

pictures of bleeding through by fivebluefingers on Flickr.



Fink �Eye�. by -FiNK- on Flickr.



#Dublin flavor (Taken with instagram)

After tumbling through Tumblr over the past few weeks, I�ve decided that I�m undecided about what this blog should represent. My good friend blogs her travel diary entries, which read like a novel and almost always bring me to tears. I�ve stumbled across others who blog about music they love, food they love to cook and quotes they want to remember. They�ve all inspired me to do something bigger, better and out of the ordinary.�

Problem is, I just can�t think of anything. Part of me wants to make this about my life-changing experience in Ireland last summer. But, I�ve already blogged about it here. Granted, it is the typical day-to-day blog that my entire family read. So of course I left out the late, drunken nights where we stayed out until sunrise at 5:30 a.m. and my romantic 4-week tryst with an Irish lad I met. (That one I don�t need to blog about, I think I�ll always remember that!)

Which reminds me, today has been one of the WORST �I miss Dublin� days since I returned home on July 5, 2010. That day, I made the awful decision of watching P.S. I Love You and ended up crying at the parts I never used to cry at. Like the part where Hilary Swank goes back to Ireland and visits her dead husband�s family. Or the part where Gerard Butler sang �Galway Girl� in Whelans Pub. Or the breathtaking images of County Wicklow countryside. I can�t remember the last time I�d cried so much.�

I�m afraid if I tried to recount every single detail of that trip, I�d realize I forgot everything I promised myself I wouldn�t. That�s not a chance I�m willing to take just yet. I still like to think I�ll always remember the wonderful people I met, the rich Irish history I learned from Garbhan and Ed (two amazing tour guides) and will always keep in touch with my classmates who�ve become some of the best friends I have (I�ll do everything in my power to make sure it stays that way!).�

I think my good friend over at A Love Affair with the World summed up everything I experienced during those 5 amazing weeks with,

�I never knew the power of a country�s love until Ireland.��

�Enough venting about how amazing Ireland is. Back to brainstorming what I�m going to make this blog about! You�d think a native Texan who moved to the Big Apple would have a lot more to talk about. But really, all I do is work and hang out with friends. Granted, we�re in one of the greatest cities in the world and sometimes I forget I live here, but I tend to be the type of person who sticks to routines and likes it that way.

Maybe that�s it. Maybe I�ll push myself out of my comfort zone and try new things - then blog about them. Hell, I already moved 1500 miles away from the only place I�ve ever lived and from my entire family. That�s a start, right? That�s not to say I don�t miss them terribly - because I do. And I can�t wait to spend an entire week for Thanksgiving back in my childhood house, in my cozy bed, snuggled up to my little cat Leonidus, whom I left in the care of my amazing parents.�

Great, now I�m Dublin-sick AND homesick. Awful combination! I�m going to attempt to sleep it off. This got way more emotional than I anticipated.

With love from New York City



bleeding through by fivebluefingers on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment